Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Inspired By Stamping: October Release + Winter Birds


Hi, friends!  Welcome to day 2 of the Inspired By Stamping release week!  Today the team is showing off creations using the new Winter Birds set!  I've got a non-holiday card using one of these beautiful images--this set is so versatile!  Come and look...


I started this card by creating a card base that included pretty patterned paper and a doily with red rhinestone accents.  


I then stamped the beautiful image from the Winter Birds set and colored it with blender pens and glitter gel pen. I sponged around the edges of the panel and then dipped them with a bit of Versamark and then added some glitter red embossing powder to add some texture.  I love it!


I then stamped a sentiment from the Cute Circles stamp set and punched it out and gave it the same ink/embossing powder treatment as the image panel.  I then layered it onto a scalloped mat and added some liquid pearls.  This was layered on top of the image panel.


The finishing touch was to add some small mixed flowers to the panel that tied the colors from the paper into the rest of the card.  They are perfect!


The whole thing came together to create a card can be used for any occasion!  I am seeing Valentine's Day in this card...what do you think?


That's all for me today!  I hope you take a chance to go and grab our newest release from the store and, if you spend $50, you will get a free stamp set!  Also, come and join in the fun of our current challenge, too!  If you use products from the Inspired By Stamping store, link them up in the Customer Gallery as well!  HUGS and happy stamping to you all!


Inspired-by-Stamping_thumb.png

Winter Birds stamp set

Cute Circles stamp set

Mixed Small Flowers

8 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is very beautiful Mynn
Gr Karin

Lisa Elton said...

Yep I see Valentine's Day too, very pretty Mynn! I love little chickadees. I have some sweet framed images of them ~ my hubby's photography handy work ;)

Robyn Oliver said...

A gorgeous card Mynn, I'm loving this IBS bird set and yes so versatile. Love you doiley and colours -the red embossing looks fab and wish I could make liquid pearl drop like yours. Enjoy your week Robyn

Eret said...

your card is so pretty. love the colors and your elegant design. Thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us at Sparkle N Sprinkle.
Eret x

Nikki said...

Gorgeous card. Love the pretty paper you have used, great layout and lovely image. Thanks for playing along at Loves Rubberstamps.

Nikki

Anne Temple said...

Your card is beautiful and I can see it for lots of occasions. So glad you shared it with us for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge.

Blankina said...

Love your birdie card!
Thanks for joining our warm colours challenge at Loves Rubberstamps, please come back soon,
Hugs Blankina

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. I love that you used the image for a non-winter card. Thanks for joining our animal/pet challenge at Use Your Stuff and hope to see you again.
Tammy DT