Friday, October 24, 2014

Inspired By Stamping: October Release + Stocking Banner


I am SUPER excited to share with you my latest creation using NEW stamps from the Inspired By Stamping store today!  We're sharing our creations using the new Build a Stocking stamp set today, and I decided to make a fun bunting using not just the stamp set, but also the Build a Stocking cut files that coordinate with the stamp images!  Come take a peek at it hanging on my armoire...


Isn't it cute?!  I loved making it and the cut files make it SO easy to create the darling stockings!  That was actually my first step--using the Build a Stocking cut files to cut out all the stockings and toppers.


After I cut all the stockings, I glued the tops onto them and started making the individual embellishments.  This was done by using the Build a Stocking stamp set to stamp the small images onto white card, punching them out, layering them onto a glitter paper scallop mat, and adding a small rhinestone in the center of each one.




The last step was to add the grommets and then lace the stockings through some fun stitched black ribbon.  I chose black to highlight and accentuate the jewel tones of the glitter paper I used and the colors I stamped the images from the Build a Stocking set with as well.


That was it!  It was such a fun project to create and so easy to duplicate!  Take one last look at it hanging before you leave...


That's all for me today!  I hope you take a chance to go and grab our newest release from the store and, if you spend $50, you will get a free stamp set!  Also, come and join in the fun of our current challenge, too!  If you use products from the Inspired By Stamping store, link them up in the Customer Gallery as well!  HUGS and happy stamping to you all!

 photo Sigcopy.png

Inspired-by-Stamping_thumb.png

Build a Stocking stamp set

Build a Stocking cut files

3 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

whata gorgeous banner with socks Mynn
Gr Karin

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Mynn...wow the cut file works fabulous to make this stocking banner - it looks fantastic..cheers Robyn

Lisa Elton said...

GREAT job on this Mynn, it's ADORABLE!!